Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Treadlette Tuesday: A Quick Christmas Skirt

Hi everyone, Elizabeth here! For today's Treadlette Tuesday, I wanted to share I project I recently made for my 7-year-old daughter.

Dressy clothes for kids are fun, but I don't like spending a ton of time (or cash!) on something that will only be worn a few times. This skirt was super quick and economical.


I used a half yard of our lovely new polyester taffeta to make this skirt. It was a bargain! My daughter chose the lace and buttons from my trim hoard. Altogether it took me 30 minutes and under $10 to make.

I didn't use a pattern; I just seamed the selvage edges together, folded the top for an elastic casing, and blind hemmed the bottom. If you would like to make this skirt from a pattern, New Look 6409 is very similar.

There's still time to make dressy holiday clothes! You can whip up something quick, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment