Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Treadlette Tuesday: Get To Know Us

This week's Treadlette is Julia! Hi Julia!


"I started sewing with our family friend Suzy Sewell when I was in fifth or sixth grade. When I was in seventh grade I joined 4H and began a more formal study: reading patterns and having garments 'graded' at county events."

Like most of our Treadlettes, she's been with us a while! "I started at Treadle in 1986, left in 1987, then returned in 1998."

Project-wise, it seems like Julia always has something cooking! "I like to sew gifts for other people: pillowcases, camp shirts for my husband, and last year stuffed dogs for my family."



Julia also makes great dresses. We've had several of her projects displayed in the store recently, like this cute chambray double gauze dress.


"I'm a bit late to the 'sewing with knits' party, but am enjoying trying to find the perfect t shirt pattern. I really enjoy a soft knit, especially cotton!

"My most recent project is a t shirt pattern that can also be lengthened to a dress. When it fits correctly as a top, I look forward to making both the dress and many iterations of both!" We look forward to seeing it. Thanks, Julia!

No comments:

Post a Comment