Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Treadlette Tuesday: Get To Know Us

You've probably seen store manager Roberta at Treadle. She started sewing in junior high: "I made a harvest gold, wide wale corduroy jumper. Guess what era that was?!"


Roberta has now been at Treadle for over 30 years and is a devoted apparel sewer. With her classic sense of style and great knowledge of fine fabrics, she loves a well-made garment and always appreciates well-placed details.

"Shirts, blouses, tops and jackets are my favorite projects. I'm a fiber snob - I like to work on any natural fiber fabric. I love to do French seams, welt pockets and bound buttonholes."

Her most recent project was a pair of flannel pajama bottoms. Unfortunately, they didn't require any of her favorite fine sewing techniques!

And a favorite project of all time? "Years ago I made a jacket/top with a Vogue Issey Miyake pattern. A co-worker advised against trying to second guess the pattern's sometimes counter intuitive instructions. The garment went together beautifully, with seam finishes and perfectly mitered corners."

I'd like to add MY favorite project Roberta has made recently: this gorgeous jacket made from one of our Japanese import fabrics.


We'll be sharing more in our Get To Know Us series, next Treadlette Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment